We've given up our jobs, we've sold our unit ...
Now we're ready to live life - a caravan, a car, just the two of us . . . the possibilities are endless.

Come join us on our adventures ...

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What a week!!

Since our last post we have been on adventure overload! We got the trailer fixed by the wonderful mechanic, Lance. I was a little doubtful of Lance, after trying to speak to him in the pub the night before...I thought he thought I was speaking another language, as he just stared right through me when I asked him if he could help us with the trailer. Turns out he's always like that.

How's the alcohol roster that's in place at a lot of towns up here. The local indiginous folk are only allowed to buy a certain amount of alcohol on certain days, to limit their intake of alcohol and so they still have grocery money. The theft rate in coen is nearly zero. Once someone stole $2 off the bar, and they were banned for a month...needless to say no-one's stolen since. The pub is the hub of the town. In some parts of the state you can't actually buy wine until after 6pm. We were lucky here and were able to..the crew are loving the cask wine. Az is turning into a wino he reckons.

We left Coen and stopped at Moreton Telegraph Station to do a bit of fishing and ended up staying the night...really well maintained property and John and Di are really nice. I went down with the crew to go fishing, in the role of photographer of course.. Until I took a nice little slide down the bank..and had to go back to clean my camera. It was pretty creepy around the swampy area. I went back, had a shower and started dinner. Skye and I had been absolutely hammered by sandflies and mosquitos and looked like we had chicken pox on our legs...and they were seriously itchy!!!! As we were getting ready for bed Az found a tiny green tree frog in our bed..we had parked under a mango tree for the night. Yyou can imagine my '4urprise' when I was reaching for my glasses and put my hand on a bigger one!!! And then again when I was folding the doona up and found another one. The dance this time was quite funny! You can only imagine my reaction when I found another one in the saucepan when I went to wash it. As you can imagine I'm a little over insects and animals..hehe. I went to the shower blocks the same time as Az to brush my teeth. He calls me into the shower, and what do you know, another tree frog...this was the monster of all tree frogs. He was huge!!! Bigger than my hand I reckon. I have no idea how Az had a shower with him!

We headed for the Old Telegraph Track...and I'll leave it there for the moment. We're headed to thursday island today, so need to get ready.. Stay tuned. Xx

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Tree Frogs, I love frogs, as you know :). Hope the camera survived, you are not doing so well with technology on this trip, are you? LOL.

    Have FUN on Thursday Island :).

    ReplyDelete