We've given up our jobs, we've sold our unit ...
Now we're ready to live life - a caravan, a car, just the two of us . . . the possibilities are endless.

Come join us on our adventures ...

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Broom Head

I'm pretty sure I've started our blog with, "I can't believe we've actually left" a few times now... but seriously, we've REALLY left this time...  We have waved goodbye to the Gold Coast for the last time and are now fully, really, and truly on our way to the trip of a lifetime.

We've waved goodbye to Aaron's parents and spent an early Christmas with them - which was fabulous.  I don't think either of us have eaten as much in a very long time.. and we're both sure we were just subconsciously stockpiling fat for the 'leaner months' that are sure to follow.  That's our excuse anyway!  On our second last day up at Toogoolawah, we went on a family day outing - tip shopping.  I was in heaven!  I'm not sure if any of you watch American Pickers, but we were just like those two..  Aaron was even doing the narration, 'Picked for $4, Valued at $50, Profit $46' .. hilarious!

So I guess you're wondering what our picks were... welllllllll, we got an amazing little tricycle for $4!!!  Imagine when we do this up... oh yeah baby!


And a Universal Two Tone sewing machine for $10.. which was a present from Enid & John.  It's amazing to see the underside, with it's mechanical workings - Aaron was more excited about this one than I was I think.



So the tip shopping ended a great week up at Toogoolawah.  We then headed back to the Gold Coast for a few alterations before continuing the big trip .. boy was it hard to say goodbye!  We'd left a few times, but we knew that we'd always be coming back .. so you can imagine the tears on my behalf..

With great timing, my Sister and her son were down on the Gold Coast, so we all went out for dinner at the local Chinese restaurant.  There was a huge Christmas tree up in the Shopping Centre, so my nephew took our photo.. I think he did a pretty good job.  You can tell by our smiles that we were loving him acting all professional - he even told us to say cheese!!  My nephew is 6 years old and can already take great photos! Remember me when you become a famous photographer Riley!!


We're now staying at Brooms Head in the Yuragir National Park until Christmas.. we got here in time to get a great spot - right on top of the hill.. the wind is crazy though.  We stayed at a different spot in the NP last night and the wind was so strong that it felt like there were a bunch of kids outside pushing our caravan from side to side.. . a little unnerving to start with.

I got up this morning to go to the "awesome" toilets (complete with hundreds of flies) and opened the caravan (or as our friend's son calls it, a caraban) and was welcomed with about 25 kangaroos... so the walk to the toilet was quite quick... and my eyes were to the ground, no eye contact made.. except for the little joey that was leaning out of it's Mum's pouch to eat some grass.. so cute!

On the way back, the joey had exited the pouch, and as I walked passed them they were hopping away.. the joey was trying to get back in to the pouch as the Mum was hopping away - I had a quiet little giggle & wondered if she was hopping away from me or the joey!

We stalked some school kids this morning for their camp spot - they were leaving today and we wanted prime position.. of course.  It took them FOREVER to leave.. am sure they knew we wanted their spot and were just teasing us.

The van looks great all set up - will take some photos tonight and upload them tomorrow - the internet service is pretty bad, as is phone service.. so if you need to contact us, text is good.

Until the next post.. 
xx

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see photo of the brown bomber!!!! oh and your prime camp site too please :-) big hugs to you both.xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete